Please note that the french version ExploraCoeur
is the reference. The french version can move faster than the english one. Can you help translate those Wiki Pages and keep it at the same level than the french version ? Yes ! So you will welcome in the exploracoeur translation team :
Help us translate wiki pages into English
- This is a tentative translation of the French ExploraCoeur wiki pages. If something is unclear please refer to the French version. Help us translate it into good English. Everyone is welcome, I'm sure you can do better. Thanks. Many parts of this text are still in French. Yes You Can edit it and rewrite it in plain English ;-). When the page is complete, please create an English version of the same page. Keep the same name with an additional suffix-dash "-en" ending (exemple PinkoMarketing/ExploraCoeur => PinkoMarketing/ExploraCoeur-en.
List of Next wiki pages to translate in english
- How to give #exploracoeur
This page is designed to start the #exploracoeur project, the first ThankYouMoney
in the world. #exploracoeur is a free currency that one can use on different platforms. To join us, thanks for creating or using a Twitter
account and sending a simple feedback as follow "@exploracoeurexp i want to join #exploracoeur #experiment ...''.
The idea came up during an ExploraCoeurBrainstorming
during an Explorateurs:ExplorApero
at 10 march 2009. Our target is that every web explorer or friend who take part in this experiment, will be able to initiate properly a great start of a ThankYouMoney
Proposal for exploracoeur usage rules
- Page maintenance and project lead
- HashTagMoney name
- Two platforms are proposed
The game is open to all platform
 Twollars(abbreviation tw) is ready and proposed to you by EisoKant at http://wikiwikimoney.com/exploracoeur/
TwitBank (abbreviation tb) is ready and proposed to you by Twitter:glenux at http://files.glenux.net/twitbank/trunk/
- To be defined on HashTagMoneySyntax. The idea is to propose a simple standard. The Twollars syntax is under construction at TwollarsSyntax
- Project avatar
is the name of a ThankYouMoney
proposed by ExplorateursDuWeb
and supporting friends.
This currency was created after a first TwollarsFeedback and a Explorateurs:ExplorApero on 10 march 2009.
Exploracoeur is a thank you money. With it, you can say thank you in a different way... If someone receives a lot of thank you's because his/her contribution is appreciated, he/she can get some recognition.
Exploracoeur is a solution in times of crisis and a basis for experimenting ThankYouMoney, making exchanges durable, and boosting collaboration in the web explorer group when the amount of available usual money is scarce.
In order to increase exchange velocity of exploracoeurs between players, each user will receive 200 exploracoeurs for free at the start. Players actively participate in building the money: defining its aim, usage, building IT platforms, running banks and building its future.
Each player may choose to play with one or several bank(s). At the start, two banks are proposed : ExploraCoeur Twollars (tw) et TwitBank (tb). Each player can use Twollars, TwitBank or the two.
Everyone can receive Exploracoeurs and is free to give them back to anyone, thus building up the currency and joining the Exploracoeur experiment!
What should I do if I am interested
Building this ThankYouMoney
requires the contribution of interested people.
Every player, web explorer or friends has to use Twitter to send a tweet to Twitter:exploracoeurexp.
This message to declare formally your interest in the Exploracoeur experiment follows the following syntax:
@exploracoeurexp : i would like to be a part of #exploracoeur #experiment
Please add in the same tweet one or more additional HashTag(s).
- #usage : I would like to contribute to the definition of the usage rules (i.e. this Wiki pages)
- #banker : I would like to part of the group who manages the bank
- #it : I would like to be part of the development team who builds the technical platforms
- #plateforme tw : I use the Exploracoeur Twollars platform
- #plateforme tb : I use the TwitBank (for exploracoeur) platform
- #pseudo justine : my pseudo is justine
For example : if you would like to help refine the usage rules, to be one of bankers, to develop the web application, to use the TwitBank
plateform, and to do all that under the justine pseudo, you just write:
@exploracoeurexp : i want to be a part of #exploracoeur #experiment #usage #banker #it #platform tw #pseudo justine
The experimenters - Players -
Players are ready to begin the Exploracoeur experiment. We have an issue regarding the poor ratio of women vs men. We are in search of female volunteers.
We dispatch all experimenters on platforms (abbreviation pf)
To choose the platform(s) you want to use, tweet one of the following tweets:
* @exploracoeurexp I want to use the #Twollars platform for #exploracoeur
* @exploracoeurexp I want to use the #TwitBank platform for #exploracoeur
* @exploracoeurexp I want to use both #Twollars and #TwitBank platforms for #exploracoeur
The list of experimenters is here at PinkoMarketing/ExploraCoeur/ExploraCoeurJoueurs
How to opt out of the experiment ?
If a person decides to opt out, they ask the banker to delete their account. Once that is effected, their account do not exist anymore and their name disappears in all transactions they were a part of, although they still appear in the other experimenters' accounts.
Voting is closed since April 2nd, 2009 at 8 PM. The names proposed and the votes are viewable on ChoixNomMonnaieLibre
The collective decision was to keep the exploracoeur name.
Besides using Exploracoeur as the name of the project and the currency, we will work at simplifying the syntax by using an abbreviation.
As a sample:
- instead of: "GIVE 10 #exploracoeur @pseudo "
- we could use "GIVE 10 #explor @pseudo".
Please refer to section HashTagMoneySyntax
for current validated syntax.
A goal for the Exploracoeur currency?
Voting on this subject is closed since the 31th of march 8 PM.
Please check on ExploraCoeurBut to find details on the various goal proposed and on the voting.
Final decision is: No goal.
How to participate?
A convertible currency cannot be created without a few constraints.
Everyone starts with a capital amount of 0 exploracoeur until the bank starts the game.
In order to participate, one only needs to be in the ExploraCoeurJoueurs
array and wait the banker to create is account.
The constraint of this solution is that the people who act as bankers have to be absolutely trustworthy:
- Bankers provide a solution which;
- enable granting exploracoeurs
- enable receiving exploracoeurs
- prevent anyone from granting exploracoeurs they do not possess (ultimately)
In order to ensure that the total ExploraCoeur
amount grows with 1) value creation, measured by the number of ExploraCoeur
granted as ThankYou
gestures and 2) the dynamism of donation gestures, the 2 follwing rules are proposed:
1) Any experimeter's account will be debited by an amout corresponding to half the amount of ExploraCoeur they give (consequently, it is preferable to give an even amount of ExploraCoeur, otherwise, the amount debited will be rounded to the greater unit).
Example: If I give Mary Doe 10 ExploraCoeur, she receive 10 ExploraCoeur and my account is debited of an amount of 5 ExploraCoeur.
2) At the end of every week, (on Sunday midnight), all expermimenter's accounts are decreased by 10% rounded to the lesser unit. In other words, the money dwindles if not used, and only giving it away (as well as the possible arrival of new experimenters) creates new amounts of it.
Example: I have 57 ExploraCoeur left on my account on Sunday evening. On the following Monday morning, my account will hold 57 minus 5.7 rounded to 6, that is 51 ExploraCoeur.
with a "simple and stupid" HashTagMoneySyntax
similar to Twollars
GIVE 10 #exploracoeur @username to greet an ExploraCoeur newcomer.
Only Banker(s) can decide when to start such temporary solution.
Ultimately, we aim at using ExploraCoeur widely, not just on Twitter or through Internet, but also via SMS, etc.
Therefore, we agree on the following principles: an ExploraCoeur currency simultaneously existing on several platforms, HashTagMobileMoney (FreeCurrency) to test run it on any social media (SMS, internet, point of sales product, stamps, speechtotext, paper checks/piece of paper, ...).
Cocktail Party on March 25th
Videos and slides
A selection of video and slides: ExploraCoeurVideo
You can use the #ExploraCoeurDiscussion HashTag
in your tweets. Please locate any question, suggestion and discussion on the ExploraCoeurDiscussion
page in order to keep this page synthetic. Thank you.
Design by HayatOutahar. Thank you for your feedbacks.
-  We can modify the InterWeb link to keep the linking quite easy
-  tw is the platform to play with #exploracoeur on. tb is an alternative open source solution called TwitBank. ChristopheDucamp also played with Twitter:getwhuffie a Twollars clone in which login is required. Abbreviation "gw" is accepted for those who want to use getwhuffie. Every ExploraCoeurFeedback is welcome on this page.