- info:This page is designed to coordinate efforts of people interested in developing a tool so that groups of individuals can jointly manage money they decide to pool together.
We are trying to combine the needs and interests of BarCampBank
to create a tool to jointly manage pooled money, with the needs and interests of Open Business Models wiki hive
, which is looking to create a Revenue Sharing money manegement tool, and can also use an open source based money pooling tool. This was originally described in CoDevProposal
Here is a short list of requirement extracted from the P2PMoneyDiscussion
A pooled payment system would:
- Offer a place where pledges for money can be stored and easily committed
- Offer a way for the group to define different future expenses, vote for prioritization and approval.
- Offer a way to make direct payment to the vendor in the case of a large payment
- Offer a way to enter, track, approve past expenses incurred by different participants or consolidate and re-assign shares of a common revenue.
- Offer a way to transfer cash from one or several of the participant to one or several other participants, either for reimbursing past expenses or for distributing earned revenues
A Revenue sharing module for this system would:
- work flexibly with Project Point systems, wherein points earned represent shares of revenue.
- Allow direct mass payment to project participants from vendor/reseller sources, like Cafepress, for instance, and also would accept payment from hosted ecommerce sites/shopping carts. Also would distribute money from bank accounts, paypal.
- Would also allow projects to divide revenue using pre-assigned percentage shares instead of project points, if they choose to do so.
- Would allow projects that use point systems to have a "what if system" showing a projected revenue earned based on tasks done and points earned and current total incoming revenue.
A quick diagram displaying the hoped for functions. source is here
Core module should send and recieve payments, sub modules should be developed towards money pooling/expense tracking, and revenuel sharing/project points systems, but both interface with core payment send and recieve module. Drupal-based. -- SamRose
High Level Architecture
This is a current representation of our current conceptualization of the HighLevelArchitecture of server and script technology for the proposed tool:
diagram by FredericBaud, based on P2PMoney discussions.
P2PMoneyOrganizedInquiry creating questions that help focus our P2PMoney research, and summarizing the answers from many different sources.
Related Links CoDevProposal
Moved to P2PMoneyDiscussion